What if buying postcards and taking the odd vineyard picture is just not enough? Wine Flies Tours believes in the importance of real experiences…we rather share a glass of quality Merlot with a local wine maker in his old private cellar.
Our tours are different, something memorable, immensely fun, but mostly a real South African experience in the heart of the winelands. A must if you want to learn about wine making history, learn how to taste wine, indulge in local treats and share stories with our people.
WHY GO WITH WINE FLIES?
You will get to visit the main attractions and world famous estates. BUT even better …as you will also get to taste the wine lands in a much more real and in depth way by visiting hidden gems only known to locals, tasting true local cuisine and share stories with South African wine makers. This is what we pride ourselves in. It’s a must for the traveller wanting to experience the best of everything the wine lands has to offer.
Our wine lords (guides) have more than 30 years of experience in the tourism industry – knowing exactly what travelers really want. We visit premier farms, but also also do things that no ordinary tours do, but that only South Africans get to enjoy.
- We visit well-known areas like Stellenbosch, Paarl etc.
- We share wine with local wine makers.
- Eat as mush cheese as you desire.
- Cellar tour and Vineyard walking tour teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restauarants…
- A hearty lunch is served in the the middle of the wine lands.
- More than enough type of wines: red, white, sparkling, dessert wines…
- Local treats like cured meat and dried fruits.
- Chocolate and red wine pairing.
The choice is obvious…. simply a tour that you will never forget.